Cultural Hiking Tour through the Carpathian Mountains of Romania
Hiking & Trekking allow you to truly get to know a region, to absorb the sights and sounds of the nature, to learn about local culture and enjoy numerous adventures along the way.
One third of Romanian territory consists in mountains - The Romanian Carpathians. Although they are not very high (2544m Ã¢â€œ in Fagaras Mountains), the Carpathians are very diverse.
The flora of the Carpathians includes more than 1350 species, among which many are endemic. Deep forest cover more than one third of the countryÃ¢â„¢s surface. The fauna of the Romanian Carpathians is also extremely rich and diverse. Here is to be found the highest concentration of large carnivores anywhere in Europe (about 6000 brown bears Ã¢â€œ mare than half of EuropeÃ¢â„¢s bear population, about 3500 wolves (over a third of EuropeÃ¢â„¢s wolves), along with 2000 lynx (35% of EuropeÃ¢â„¢s lynx).
The Carpathians create wonderful scenery, with green valleys nestled between foothills ascending to wild crags or precipitous gorges. The mountain villages encountered on the way, the small summer shelters built by peasants for hay harvest, the secret shepherds` paths through forests and meadows, all these bring a unique, pastoral fragrance.
Join our Ã¢Å“Romanian Carpathians Active - Unspoilt Nature and Archaic VillagesÃ¢� tour !
* Trek in three National Parks: Bucegi Mountains, Hasmas-Cheile Bicazului and Ceahlau Mountains
* Visit Count DraculaÃ¢â„¢s impressive 15th century Castle
* Trek through scattered picturesque mountain villages, almost unreachable by car
* Visit peasant houses and enjoy great rural cuisine in Tarpesti village
* Lunch in a traditional sheepfold
* Visit the famous exterior painted monasteries included in the UNESCO patrimony in Bucovina region
* Overnight in a traditional wooden house
Physical and equipment requirements: A typical hiking day has about 4 to 7 hours walking on trails, forest roads and village roads so it is advisable you had prior hiking experience. Necessary equipment: mountain boots, rain coats and warm cloths!
Trek the Carpathian Mountains of Romania!!!