Short Break Tour to Sibiu - European Capital of Culture
ROUTING: BUCHAREST â“ COZIA - SIBIU.
- In the morning will pick-up you from your location in Bucharest or from the airport if you came with a early flight (before 10.00 AM). Weâ™ll start the route to Sibiu. In our way a stop for a visit at Cozia Monastery, which is set in one of the most picturesque of the many carpathian landscapes which are the pride of Oltenia, this immense repository of such monuments.
- In the afternoon/evening we will arrive in Sibiu and weâ™ll make a city tour. Sibiu was the European Capital of Culture in 2007. The Big Square, the Small Square, the Ursuline Church, The Franciscan Church, The staircase Tower, the Tanners Tower, the Lierâ™s Bridge , the House of the Butcherâ™s Guild and Bruckenthal Museum are the most important sights.
- Overnight in Sibiu
ACCOMMODATION: Hotel Ramada Sibiu ****
ROUTING: SIBIU â“ HOREZU - BUCHAREST
- In the morning a visit to the village museum, an open air museum who present houses and traditions from the area of Sibiu and a short tour in the surrounding villages of Sibiu, a very popular area for traditional (rural) tourism.
- Then we will head back to Bucharest.
- Enroute we will stop at Horezu Monastery which was founded in 1690 by Prince Constantin Brancoveanu in the town of Horezu. It is considered to be a masterpiece of "BrÃ¢ncovean" style, known for its architectural purity and balance, the richness of its sculpted detail, its treatment of religious compositions, its votive portraits, and its painted decorative works. The town of Horezu is well known for its people who make pottery and present it at an annual fair. There are special traditions which have been well preserved.
- In the evening arriving in Bucharest. Drop-off at your location. (if you have a late flight (after 7.00 PM)*we can drop you off at the airport or we can offer an extra night in Bucharest, inquire for details)
End of tour services