Email this Page to a Friend
This tour starts and finishes in Busteni mountain resort , offering trekkers the most spectacular scenery in Bucegi Mountains. It is a long and high route, but technically easy ( UIAA degree, a little more difficult than a touristical route). In these 3 days of climbing we will meet the most interesting points of Bucegi Mountains: the highest climbing wall in Romania, White Valley's Wall, Babele and Sfinxul stones, Peak Omu one of the highest peak in Romania, Ialomitei Cave, Horoabei Valley)
For WHOM is this route?
For anybody who has a little bit of experience in the mountains, a good physical condition and with an energetic attitude wanting to see wild things.
Clothes and boots adequate to climb the mountains (plus rain clothes). The guide will bring some technical equipment (rope, harnesses), just in case...
WHAT do we eat?
What we have in the backpacks and what we can find in the chalets on our path (Babele, Pestera and Omu Chalets)
Hike the Wild Bucegi Mountains!!!
Day by Day Itinerary:
ROUTING: BUSTENI MOUNTAIN RESORT - BRANA AERIANA - BABELE CHALET
- The start point is Busteni mountain resort (Can be reached by train from Brasov)
- We have to ascend a long route, 1000 m high, but technically easy. (IA, UIAA difficulty level)
- We will advance over the White Valley's Wall, through a wild area, with spectacular scenery
- In the evening in plateau of Bucegi Mountains.
- In the first day we have to climb about 8 hours and we will eat from the backpacks.
- Dinner in the Chalet
ACCOMMODATION: Babele Chalet
ROUTING: HOROABEI VALLEY
- Breakfast at Babele Chalet.
- We will descend from Babele Chalet about an hour to Pestera Hotel.
- We will leave ours backpacks in the hotel and will enter Horoabei Valley (a canyon, IA UIAA degree).
- Beginning we will go to the waterfalls, after this we will advance through the canyon, which is dry most of the time of summer and autumn season. In our way we will have to overcome rocks, natural bridges, traverses secured by cables. We will reach the plateau of Bucegi Mountains, and return to the accommodation.
- In the second day of our trip we have to walk about 6 hours.
- Back to the Pestera Hotel we can visit Ialomitei Cave or we can relax at the swimming pool.
- Dinner in the Chalet
ACCOMMODATION: Pestera Hotel
ROUTING: PESTERA HOTEL - OMU PEAK - BUSTENI
- Breakfast at Pestera Hotel
- We will ascend on Ialomitei Valley about 3 hours to the Omu Peak (one of the highest peak in Romania @ 2.507 m)
- We can eat at Omu Chalet and after this we will descend about 5 hours, first on Bucsoiu Ridge, after through the forest till we will arrive in the evening back to Busteni mountain resort.
- We deserve a great dinner in a restaurant in Busteni.
End of tour services
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
Prices available upon request...
The Tour Includes:
- 2 nights accommodation as described in the itinerary
- (B) 2 Breakfasts and (D) 2 Dinners
- English-Speaking Qualified Mountain Guide for the duration of the tour
- Local Taxes
- Alcoholic drinks
- Lunches (it is advised to bring packed lunches in your backpack)
- Train tickets
- Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc..
For more details please fill out the Inquire/Book It form which you can access from the button below.