Email this Page to a Friend
The delta of the Danube River represents one of the last natural paradises in Europe, a network of channels, lakes, and lushly vegetated forests. It is home to a fascinating mix of cultures and peoplesÃ¢â€?and a huge diversity of birds, presided over by the greatest of them all, the pelican.
Enjoy a short 2 day tour with a private local guide specializing in Birdwatching and the Danube Delta nature. You will have the opportunity to see such birds as glossy ibis, spoonbills, pelicans, rollers, white tailed eagle and more.
Accommodations are in charming family run guest houses and pensions offering a warm and personal comfort. Enjoy traditional Romanian meals that will satisfy tour taste buds in every way. This amazing bird watching experience is one not to be missed!
Ride the Danube Delta in a Private Boat!!
Day by Day Itinerary:
ROUTING: TULCEA - SULINA - IULIA CANAL - SONTEA - MILA 23
- Starting Tulcea by Sulina canal.Crossing Sulina canal, Iulia canal, Sontea canal arriving in Mila 23 village.
- Visit in the village, sun set on Ligheanca lake
- Mila 23 is a small fishermen village situated in the heart of the Danube Delta.
- A nice day for exploring, we could see some villages further along the Danube river, nice
canals and lakes. Birds we can see today are herons, storks, king fishers, pelicans, rollers, among others
- Lunch on boat, dinner and accommodation
- Overnight in Mila 23
ACCOMMODATION: GUEST HOUSE
ROUTING: MILA 23 - SONTEA - OLGUTZA - SIREASA - MILA 35 CANALS - TULCEA TOWN
- After the breakfast at the guest house, starting another nice day, return to Tulcea town through Sontea, Olgutza, Sireasa, Mila 35 canals.
- A short break for coffee on Fortuna lake will be great.
- As for birds...full day for herons, swans, pelicans, egrets, white tailed eagle and many others..
- Lunch on board, including wine from Romania
End of tour services
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
Prices available upon request...
The Tour Includes:
- 1 night accommodation charming guest houses and pensions
- (B, L, D) Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily
- English-Speaking driver/guide specializing in Romanian nature and bird watching for the duration of the tour
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc..
Dates and space for this tour are limited. To see if departures are available for your dates please fill out the Inquire/Book It form which you can access from the button below.
Transfers from Bucharest, Constanta or other locations in Romania available, inquire for details