Email this Page to a Friend
If you do not have time for our full week long Halloween tour we are now offering a short break version. The tour will start in Bucharest where you meet with the rest of the group to begin your journey into Dracula's Transylvania. Tour highlights include stops at Poenari Castle - the Real Dracula Castle (in ruins, 1400 stairs to the top), Bran Castle - the fictional Dracula Castle, Sighisoara and the Medieval Caslte of Hunedoara for the Dracula Halloween Party. For more details see the itinerary Below...
Dracula Halloween in Transylvania!!!
Day by Day Itinerary:
Day 1: Tuesday, October 30th
ROUTING: BUCHAREST - CURTEA DE ARGES - POEINARI - SIBIU
- Early in the morning (8.00-8.30 AM) we depart from Bucharest.
- The meeting point will be in a central location – Victory Square or similar.
- Start your journey on Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) trail with a visit at his true castle. We’ll go to Curtea de Arges, the former second capital of Wallachia. Close by is the Poienari Castle.
- Standing on a cliff but now in ruins this is known as the real castle of Dracula (Vlad Tepes). To get to the top you must climb up its 1400 steps (takes approx. 1 hour).
- Once you arrive to the top of the Citadel you will find that the citadel is surprisingly small, one third has collapsed down the mountainside in 1888. Entering through a narrow wooden bridge, you come across the crumbling remains of two towers within; the prism shaped one was Vlad's ( Dracula's) residential quarters, from here, according to the legend , The Impaler's wife flung herself out from the window, declaring that better this way than be captured by the Turks, who were besieging the castle. Legend has it that Vlad himself escaped over the mountains on horseback.
- Return to Curtea de Arges. See the Episcopal Church (the monastery) which is a recreation of the original built in 1512 -1517 by prince Neagoe Basarab (rebuilt in 1875 – 1885).
- End the day in Sibiu.
ACCOMMODATION: Continental Form****
Day 2: Wednesday, October 31st
ROUTING: SIBIU - HUNEDOARA - HALLOWEEN PARTY!!!
- Start in the morning with a visit of the Old District. Sibiu is one of the most important fortified towns in Transylvania. The city is reminiscent of old European cities such as Nuremburg and it was founded in 1190 and grew to be the chief city of the Transylvanian Saxons. This amazing town, with the "Old Town" (The Big Square, the Small Square, the Ursuline Church, The Franciscan Church, The staircase Tower, the Tanners Tower, the Lier’s Bridge , the House of the Butcher’s Guild and last but not least with the amazing Bruckenthal Museum) is a gorgeous place to see.
- In the afternoon arrive at Hunedoara.
- Check in the hotel and get ready for the amazing party at Hunyad’s Castle, the residence of the brave Transylvanian Governor – John Hunyad (Iancu de Hunedoara). The castle built in XV century is the biggest medieval castle from Romania and it’s also considered one of the most haunted places from Europe. Rumor has it the famous Vlad Tepes spent time here as a prisoner in the Castle
- Are you ready to spend Halloween night in a very old medieval castle? Get ready to fit in the medieval atmosphere full of mystical legends. The 15th century castle is ready to host you this night and reveal to you its history and hidden secrets.
- As soon as you’ll pass the entrance gate you’ll be in a medieval world and get ready to experience it. Remember that medieval means old customs, old music, old legends and mysticism.
- During the dinner enjoy Romanian cuisine, an outdoor barbeque as well as live medieval and Romanian folk music and dancers. The special shows of medieval knights, lights and sounds will complete the evening.
- At midnight Count Dracula will invite you to his wedding - To decline is not an option. Participate in this special show and then party all night.
- But remember, it is Halloween night and Hunyad’s Castle is one of the most haunted places from Europe, a place where nobody dare to spend the night alone. So the ghosts and spirits may join us during the night. Don’t get lost in the castle! Don’t go behind the locked doors! Don’t disturb the spirits! Otherwise…….
ACCOMMODATION: Hotel Rusca ***
Day 3: Thursday, November 1st
ROUTING: HUNEDOARA - BRAN - BUCHAREST
- For those of you who survive - Breakfast in Hotel
- For those of you who do not - well.....Happy Haunting! ( and please give Dracula our regards ...ps..no refunds )
- Depart in the morning (9.30 AM) on the way to Bran. Guided tour at Bran castle, built in 14th century to defend the acces point to Transylvania. It was related with Dracula’s story because Vlad the Impaler crossed this area several times in his trips between Transylvania and Walachia. After the visit you can spend some time in the souvenirs market near the castle. At 5.00 PM depart on the way to Bucharest where we’ll arrive at aprox 8.00 PM. Drop-off at the airport or downtown Bucharest.
End of Tour
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
HALLOWEEN WEEKEND 2015 – 4 days / 3 Nights (30oct - 02nov)
Price Per Person
1 Person (Single Occupancy)
ï¿½ 515 (EUR)
2 People (Double Occupancy)
PRICE PER PERSON based on
occupancy level and group size specified above. Prices are valid for 2018. All prices are in Euros.
Currency Converter /
Terms and Conditions
Select and click the button
For other group sizes inquire for details
The Tour Includes:
- 2 nights accommodation as described in the itinerary (or similar)
- English-Speaking guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation by minibus with driver
- Entrance fees
- Dinner, Halloween Party, Dracula show and prizes
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks
- Extra charges of hotel, eg. Laundry, telephone or fax charges, room service, etc..
Dates and space for this tour are limited. To see if departures are available for your dates please fill out the Inquire/Book It form which you can access from the button below.