Email this Page to a Friend
Near Bucharest towards northeast, there is a stunning castle beside a beautiful lake and surrounded by parks. Mogosoaia was built in the 18th century, during a Renaissance of the arts in the Southern province of Romania. Built as a manor house between the two most important cities at that time; Bucharest and Targoviste Under the reigning Prince Constantin Brancoveanu, Mogosoaia is a mix of Venetian and Turkish style architecture.
These influences lead to the formation of the classical Southern Romanian style of Brancoveanu. The elegant castle, decorated with wonderful stonemasonry, survived through wars, robberies, and the destruction of the last two centuries. Inside you will find an interesting art exhibition. Mogosoaia displays the practical way Romanians disposed of the horrors of recent history.
The Palace had been given to Marthe by her husband, George Bibesco, who later also deeded the land to her. She spent all her wealth from the many books she wrote in its reconstruction and it became the meeting place for politicians and international high society, a quiet retreat during the growing turmoil of the 1930s. The Palace is now a popular tourist destination.
A stunning castle near Bucharest!!!
Day by Day Itinerary:
ROUTING: BUCHAREST - SNAGOV - MOGOSOAIA - BUCHAREST
- Your English-Speaking guide will pick you up from the your hotel in Bucharest
- First to the Monastery of Snagov, the very place where Vlad Ţepeş, better known as Dracula, was buried.
- After continuing to the Palace of Mogosoaia where you will enjoy a visit of the complex
- Return to Bucharest
End of tour services
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
Prices available upon request...
The Tour Includes:
- English-Speaking local driver/guide
- Transportation by car or minivan depending on group size
- Boat ride to Snagov Monastery
- Credit Card and Banking fees**
- Entrance fees*
To see if departures are available for your dates please fill out the "Inquire/Book It" form which you can access from the button below.